How to get Gum out of Carpet
- Scrape or blot up excess spill.
- Freeze with ice cubes.
- Shatter with a blunt object, such as the back of a spoon.
- Vacuum chips away before they melt.
Always rinse with water and blot dry as the last procedure.
- Blot – Press straight down with a pad of clean white paper towels – never rub. Rubbing alters carpet texture. Then in a final blotting, leave 1/2″ of paper towels on spot overnight with a weight.
- Scrape – Gently scoop or scrape with the blunt edge of a spoon from the outside of the spill toward the center.
- Vacuum – An upright vacuum with a beater bar is recommended. Be sure to change the bag regularly before it gets full.
- No solutions called for in this procedure.
WE RECOMMEND THE PROCEDURES SPECIFIED IN THIS ARTICLE FOR SHAW FLOORS CARPET MADE WITH Fibers from Shaw Floors. Do not use these procedures sub sequent to, or in combination with, other cleaning procedures or products. Always rinse with plain water to finalize the spot cleaning procedure.
Since research has shown that many products sold for do-it-yourself spot removal clean poorly and their residues rapidly attract soil on the cleaned area afterward, Shaw Floors recommends R2x Stain and Soil remover for optimum spot cleaning. Additional cleaning products in the CRI certification program are listed at www.carpet-rug.org.
These stain removal procedures are for some of the most common household spills. These stain removal and cleaning procedures have been carefully developed for use on Shaw Floors’ carpet made with Shaw Floors’ carpet fibers and may not be appropriate for use on other types of carpet. The stain removal procedures are provided to assist in maintaining your Shaw Floors’ carpet and reflect the best information available. Remember, no carpet is stain proof.
For further information, call the Shaw Toll-free Consumer Information Hotline at (800) 441-7429