Selecting new carpet for your home is exciting!
Shaw has thousands of carpet styles and colors. That means you can really express yourself when selecting your new carpet. You can get that soft, traditional plush that’s so comfortable as you step out of bed each morning or that sleek, contemporary pattern that creates an elegant foundation of rich design in your home.
But wait a minute…
If Shaw has thousands of carpet styles and colors, it can seem a little overwhelming, right?
So where do you start?
Take a deep breath and just ask yourself two basic questions:
What is my budget?
What kind of performance do I need—the kind that can stand up to lots of kids, pets, or high traffic?
Believe it or not, the answers to these two simple questions will get you started in the right direction.
The technical side…
Because the basic fibers used today all make excellent carpets depending on the usage, you really need to know the differences to help you make the best choice for you and your home. Here are important facts to know about the different fibers:
- Nylon is extremely versatile and resilient. Although not naturally stain-resistant, most nylon carpets feature stain-resistance treatments that protect against spills and stains. And Shaw’s R2X process, which saturates the fiber tip to base, is patented and proven to give exceptional, unprocedented protection. Nylon carpets with proven R2X protection gives you great durability and stain protection.
- PET (polyester) is naturally stain resistant and fade resistant. It’s a little less durable than nylon but if you enjoy changing your carpets more frequently to give your home a new look, PET is a good choice.
- Polypropylene/olefin is the least expensive fiber and is naturally stain resistant. A great value, it is especially durable when used in a tight loop construction.
From runways to hallways
The latest fashions are often reflected in interior design trends. That’s why Shaw’s design research makes sure our carpet keeps up with the latest in both. We’re taking cues from the runway shows of some of the greatest style houses:
- Say goodbye to basic beige and choose from almost every color under the sun. Much like fashion choices you find in your favorite clothing stores, you’ll always be able to choose from the latest, most fashionable color trends.
- Express your style with different patterns and textures. Your home can be as fashion-forward as you are, with carpet in texture, twist, loop, and pattern constructions.
- Keep it soft and cozy. If extreme softness is what you crave, be sure and check out Caress products from Shaw. They are our softest carpets ever and may even remind you of your favorite cashmere sweater.
And unlike some of your favorite fashions, with Shaw carpet you never have to sacrifice durability for style.
Now that you’ve narrowed down those 25,000 options, you’re ready to head to your nearest Shaw retailer (see Store Locator). There, you can rely on one of their well-trained Retail Sales Associates for more selection guidance.